PWP Women’s International Juried Photography Exhibition - CONTRASTS
|Type:||Call for Entries|
|Category:||Art Contests > Photography|
|Entry Fee:||$31 - 40|
|Location:||Soho Photo Gallery, NY NY and Online|
|Prizes:||$2500 in cash, SohoPhoto Gallery show, online exhibition, IMPRINTS MAGAZINE|
- Add to Favs*
- Visit Website
Call for Entries Details
The mission of Professional Women Photographers (PWP) is the advancement of women photographers and the promotion of public interest in photography. PWP helps both emerging and established women artists achieve recognition for their photographic work through its website, exhibitions, and calls for entries.
Dark and light, fast and slow, young and old, urban and rural, soft and hard, funny and sad, real and artificial, smooth and craggy, solid and fluid, rich and poor, true and false, etc. There are as many examples of contrast as there are adjectives and adverbs in the English language. PWP invites women photographers from around the world to submit images they feel illustrate contrast in the world and in their photography.
Exhibition juror, Ruth Fremson will award $2500 in cash prizes, a group show in Manhattan’s SohoPhoto Gallery, an online exhibition and a feature article in IMPRINTS Magazine Spring/Summer 2011 issue.
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS:
Selected artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators and others who appreciate fine art photography. Awarded images and Jurors’ Selections will be included in a two-week group show at Manhattan’s SohoPhoto gallery from June 21 – July 2, 2011. Awarded images, Jurors’ Selections and Honorable Mentions will also be included in PWP’s online gallery for six months from May 15 – November 15, 2011.
- Best In Show: One photographer will receive $1000 and her image will be the subject of a feature interview article in the Spring/Summer 2011 issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. IMPRINTS, the official publication of PWP, is published in hard copy and online editions. Her image will also be in the SohoPhoto Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- First Prize: One photographer will receive $600 and her selected image will appear in the Spring/Summer issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. Her image will be exhibited in the Soho Photo Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Second Prize: One photographer will receive $500 and her image will appear in IMPRINTS Spring/Summer issue. Her image will be exhibited in the SohoPhoto Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Third Prize: One photographer will receive $400 and her image will appear in the Spring/Summer issue of IMPRINTS. Her image will be exhibited in the SohoPhoto Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Jurors’ Selections: 30 additional images will be included in the SohoPhoto gallery and the online exhibition.
- Honorable Mention: 25 additional images will be included in the online exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY: This International Call for Entries is open to ALL WOMEN
PHOTOGRAPHERS WORLDWIDE: PWP MEMBERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL. PWP invites women photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Only 2-D work is eligible, but experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Final
artwork for SohoPhoto Gallery show must be limited in FRAMED SIZE to 24 x 30 inches. If you are submitting diptychs or triptychs, the combined FRAMED SIZES OF ALL IMAGES must not exceed 24x30 inches.
Note: Images selected by jurors for exhibition by PWP in the previous 12 months are NOT eligible. Images previously submitted but not previously selected for exhibition may be resubmitted as often as you wish.
The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images
may be submitted for $10 each, and there is no limit to the
number of images submitted.
JUROR: Ruth Fremson is a three-time Pulitzer Prize winning photographer
whose photographs are in the collection of the Akron Arts Museum and in the traveling exhibit, “War by Women Photographers.” Her images appear in five books, including GAME FACE, Photographs of Female Athletes, A NATION CHALLENGED, September 11, 2001, A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE US ARMED FORCES, SINS OF THE MOTHER, and CAMPAIGNS, A Century of Presidential Races. A New York Times staff photographer, Ruth is a frequent contributor to the newspaper’s LENS blog.
For complete prospectus, go to: