PWP 35th Anniversary Women’s International Juried Photography Exhibition 2010
|Type:||Call for Entries|
|Category:||Art Contests > Photography|
|Entry Fee:||$31 - 40|
|Location:||Soho Photo Gallery, NY and Online|
|Prizes:||$3000 in cash, group show at Manhattan's SohoPhoto, cover of IMPRINTS magazine|
- Add to Favs
- Visit Website
Call for Entries Details
Professional Women Photographers (PWP) invites all women artists working with any photographic process to submit images. Submission deadline is September 30, 2010. The exhibition jurors, Elinor Carucci and Stephen Perloff will award $3000 in cash prizes, a group show in Manhattan’s SohoPhoto gallery, an online exhibition and the cover image of IMPRINTS Magazine Fall/Winter 2010 issue.
Winners will be selected from four categories:
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS:
Selected artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators and others who appreciate fine art photography in a group show, an online exhibition and in IMPRINTS Magazine. Awarded images and Jurors’ Selections will be included in a two-week group show at Manhattan’s SohoPhoto gallery from June 1-14, 2011. Awarded images, Jurors’ Selections and Honorable Mentions will also be included in PWP’s online gallery for six months from October 15, 2010 through April 15, 2011.
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $600 and have their image on the cover of IMPRINTS Magazine 2010 Fall/Winter Issue. IMPRINTS Magazine, the official publication of PWP, is published in hard copy and online editions. Their image will be in the SohoPhoto gallery show and the online exhibition.
- First Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $300 and their selected images will appear in an article in the Fall/Winter issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. Their image will be exhibited in the Soho Photo gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Second Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $200 and their images will appear in an article in IMPRINTS Fall/Winter issue. Their image will be exhibited in the SohoPhoto gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Third Prizes: 4 winners (one in each category) will receive $100 and their images will appear in an article in the Fall/Winter issue of IMPRINTS. Their image will be exhibited in the SohoPhoto gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Jurors’ Selections: 20 additional images will be included in the SohoPhoto gallery and the online exhibition.
- Honorable Mention: 37 additional images will be included in the PWP online gallery exhibition.
This Call for Entries is open to ALL WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS; NON-MEMBERS AND MEMBERS, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL. PWP invites women photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible and must be limited in FRAMED SIZE to 24 x 30 inches.
The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. The same image may be submitted to more than one category and there is no limit to the number of images submitted.
Elinor Carucci is an internationally recognized photographer and educator whose photographs are in the collections of The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York, the Brooklyn Museum of Art and the Houston Museum of Fine Art.
Stephen Perloff is the editor of The Photo Review, which he founded in 1976, editor of The Photograph Collector, and editor of Focus Magazine. He is also a curator and photographer.
For complete prospectus, go to: