18th Annual National Photography Show 2009
|Type:||Call for Entries|
|Category:||Art Contests > Photography|
|Entry Fee:||$21 - 30|
|Prizes:||$3,000 in cash prizes|
Call for Entries Details
The 18th Annual National Juried Photography Show, presented by the Louisville Art Association, Louisville, Colorado will be held at the Louisville Center for the Arts from Saturday, June 27th to Sunday, July 5th, 2009.
Larry Padgett is the founder and former executive director of The Center for Fine Art Photography. An international nonprofit organization, the Center promotes the art of photography and provides programs that foster the growth of creative artists. During his tenure he provided venues and a voice for artists from more than 25 countries, hosting more than 60 exhibitions, while publishing three collections. His personal work has been in both commercial photography and fine art portraiture.
Larry Padgett is an advocate for the art of photography. He has a passion for helping artists succeed in their pursuit of exhibiting, publishing and selling their work. He believes photographers represent the truest entrepreneurial spirit – creating from intangible concepts art forms that express the soul of their creator.
Prizes total $3000: $1000 for Best of Show, $100 each for the Judge’s Award and People’s Choice, Merit Awards (8) $50 each, $100 each for first place in each category, and $75 for 2nd place in each category.
Categories for Entries
- CP – Color: People and Animals
- CL – Color: Landscapes and Architecture
- CF – Color: Floral and Abstract
- BP – Black & White: People and Animals
- BL – Black & White: Landscapes and Architecture
- BF – Black & White: Still Life, Floral and Abstract
- D – Digital Creative or Heavy Interpretive Manipulations
- T – Theme: This year’s theme is SELF PORTRAIT “MY VISION OF ME”