Online and Print Portfolio Show
|Category:||Art Contests > Photography|
|Prizes:||Exhibition display, winner used as cover art|
- Add to Favs
- Send to Friend
- Visit Website
Fifteen photographers will be chosen to display their twelve-image portfolio in The Center for Fine Art Photography’s special Online and Print Portfolio Show and be included the Center’s new book publication Artists ShowCase, Volume 1, Issue 1.
The show will also be featured on the Center’s web site at www.c4fap.org from September 1 – September 30, 2008 and will remain online for the next two years.
The Center is pleased to provide artists with an economical means of having their work reviewed by an international juror and exhibited with no printing, framing or shipping costs involved.
Theme: Open - There is no theme for this exhibition. The images will be evaluated as a cohesive body of work, rather than individual images.
The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in this exhibition. Traditional, contemporary, avant-garde, creative and experimental works that include old and new processes, mixed techniques, and challenging personal, emotional or political statements are welcome. The exhibition is open world wide to all professional and amateur photographers working with digital or traditional photography or combinations of both.
Juror: Darius Himes
Darius Himes was the founding editor of photo-eye Booklist, a quarterly magazine devoted to photography books, from 2002-2007. He is a founding member of Radius Books, a Santa Fe- based company created in 2007 that publishes books on the visual arts, where he works as an editor. He is also a lecturer, consultant, educator and writer, having contributed to Blind Spot, Bookforum, BOMB, PDN, and American Photo. Himes is an occasional adjunct professor of photographic arts at the College of Santa Fe. He earned his BFA in Photography from Arizona State University, Tempe, and a Master of Arts in Liberal Arts from St. John's College, Santa Fe campus, and actively pursues his own photographic image-making.
This exhibition provides opportunities for artists to be published, and present their work to an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
* Artists ShowCase Book Award – The portfolios of the fifteen selected artists will be compiled into the Center’s new book publication, Artists ShowCase. In addition to their images, each artist’s portfolio section will include a picture of the artist, an artist’s statement and contact information. Each artist will receive one complimentary book, with the option to purchase additional books. The book will include an introduction by the juror, Darius Himes.
* Juror’s Selection – Book Cover Award – Darius Himes will select one portfolio to be the first presented in the publication Artists ShowCase, with one of the artist’s images selected for the cover.
* Exhibition Award – One photographer will be chosen to display their portfolio in the Center’s physical gallery in 2009 (Please note that the images for this award will be exhibited within 16x20 mats and put behind glass while on display)
* All fifteen selected artists will be featured in the Center's online gallery in September 2008, as well as for an additional two years in the Center’s Previous Exhibitions section.
* All fifteen photographers will receive a 1-year subscription to Artists’ ShowCase Online, the Center’s online image marketing website (preview at www.artists-showcase.org). If already a subscriber, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
* The selected artists will be included in the Center's 2008 Exhibition Collection CD which is distributed to selected galleries, collectors, design houses and corporations world wide.
* Entries due July 25
* Notification sent in August
* Artists' ShowCase book publication September 2008
* Online Show Dates are September 1 – September 30, 2008
* Portfolio award exhibition - 2009