Ruth & Harold Chenven Foundation Grants
|Category:||Art Contests > All Art Forms|
- Add to Favs
- Send to Friend
- Visit Website
Art Show Details
The Ruth & Harold Chenven Foundation gives annual awards to individual craftsperson and artists living and working in the United States, who are engaged in or planning a craft or visual art project. The RHCF does not accept film, video or music submissions. It is expected that applicants will be working artists who have a developed body of work.
An independent jury of three artists will judge the submissions and make its recommendations to the RHCF Board of Directors for final approval. The maximum award is $1,500.00. Previous winners of a Foundation grant are not eligible for a second award.
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than July 31, 2008. Applicants will be notified of the jury’s decisions in early November.
Winning submissions will be retained by the Ruth & Harold Chenven Foundation and may be used for publicity purposes.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot honor special requests.
All applications must include the following information:
1. One page (typed, maximum 300 words) of information about yourself and your work, i.e., your artist’s statement.
2. One page (typed, maximum 300 words) describing the project for which you are seeking an award, including the amount of funding you are requesting and how the funds will be used. A detailed budget for your project is not required.
3. Five (5) images of your work. Submit images on a CD as .jpg files of at least 150 dpi (dots per inch) and no greater than 300 dpi. No single image should exceed 3 mb (megabytes). Orient all images properly (top of image up). Do not submit slide shows, flash files, psp files etc.
4. One page (typed) which is an inventory list of your .jpg images. The inventory is a description of each work submitted and should include only the following: title, medium, dimensions, and date completed.
5. Label each page of your application and your CD with your name, address and contact information.
6. Please ensure that you have followed all instructions carefully. Incomplete applications or applications that do not adhere to the instructions will not be considered. Do not send additional material with your application, as it will not be considered by the judges.
7. Applications must be postmarked no later than July 31st.
Mail completed applications to:
The Ruth & Harold Chenven Foundation
7505 Jackson Avenue
Takoma Park, Maryland 20912
If you do not receive an award and would like your CD returned, please include a self addressed stamped envelope with your completed application.